• Breaking News

    Sunday, May 30, 2021

    Kerbal Space Program I will go to space today! (If you can believe it)

    Kerbal Space Program I will go to space today! (If you can believe it)


    I will go to space today! (If you can believe it)

    Posted: 30 May 2021 06:32 AM PDT

    While cheating to get an asteroid back to Kerbin, I found that at Coordinate 0,0 under the sea, is a radar dish. Perhaps a relic from Ground Station creation?

    Posted: 30 May 2021 02:20 PM PDT

    I present to you: The Hippie Van 4.20

    Posted: 30 May 2021 05:50 AM PDT

    Bluedog Design Bureau v1.8.0 with new cryogenic engines released!

    Posted: 30 May 2021 10:02 AM PDT

    The Antonov AKS was a colossal Soviet launch platform proposal based on two An-225 planes (already the largest in the world) joined together, allowing rockets or spaceplanes to be carried between them

    Posted: 29 May 2021 08:55 PM PDT

    I am so sorry. He died in atmosphere when he was returning back from Mun orbit. I'm not going to let anyone else die from lack of fuel in the rocket. (Playing KSP for the first time)

    Posted: 30 May 2021 01:05 PM PDT

    Newb here, loving the game. I finally figured out how to consistently attain a safe\efficient orbit.

    Posted: 30 May 2021 03:51 PM PDT

    One art every day until KSP2 comes out [141]

    Posted: 30 May 2021 07:45 AM PDT

    Second ksp fanart (inspired by real events in my ksp)

    Posted: 30 May 2021 04:49 PM PDT

    KL-20 Lifting Body

    Posted: 30 May 2021 01:50 PM PDT

    A (mostly) Stock Delta IV Heavy Carrying the Orion Capsule

    Posted: 30 May 2021 10:17 AM PDT

    Exploding separatrons and exhaust plume creating nebula-like impression

    Posted: 30 May 2021 11:09 AM PDT

    Kerban from the rover cabin

    Posted: 30 May 2021 06:14 AM PDT

    Watarimono-2 on its way to Jupiter, Uranus, and Neptune, 1979 (RSS/RO)

    Posted: 30 May 2021 07:47 AM PDT

    More Apollo rover proposals: the ELS, mobile version (1968)

    Posted: 30 May 2021 03:37 AM PDT

    Just did my very first Eve landing!! I finally designed a lander that can do it

    Posted: 30 May 2021 02:23 PM PDT

    Panoramic view from Duna's North Polar Crater, taken by the Duna-5 rover

    Posted: 30 May 2021 06:30 PM PDT

    Did you know Tesla badges can do this?

    Posted: 29 May 2021 11:56 PM PDT

    Jeb Contemplating His Place in Infinity.

    Posted: 30 May 2021 10:59 AM PDT

    On this site.......

    Posted: 30 May 2021 02:33 AM PDT

    What does reputation do? I just started playing career for the first time

    Posted: 30 May 2021 07:27 PM PDT

    Unity Station: The KASA Counterpart to my earlier Roskerbmos Station

    Posted: 30 May 2021 09:13 AM PDT

    Earth from a space shuttle(RSS/RO)

    Posted: 30 May 2021 12:06 PM PDT

    KSP at its finest: TNK 0.3

    Posted: 30 May 2021 07:06 PM PDT

    I did it! I completed the Jool 5 challenge :D

    Posted: 30 May 2021 11:21 AM PDT

    I'm not sure if this one was randomly generated or simply hard coded into the game, but I did it: the Jool 5.

    I made over 4 million kerbal dollars (or whatever the currency is called) from it. After messing up several times and having to launch aid (extra fuel, extra parts, a different lander, etc.) I landed on all 5 moons of Jool.

    From the outer moons I worked my way in. First, I went to Pol, then Bop, then Tylo. Up until here, everything went fine (except for needing to refuell once). Then I found out that the lander I had planned for Vall didn't have enough delta V to get back into orbit, so I changed it up a bit. I used the Laythe lander to get to Vall and back and refuelled it so I could use it again, which worked just fine!

    So, with 4 of the moons down, all that was left to do was Laythe. And this is where I had apparently messed up the most. Doing a mission like this in KSP can be done by landing the same part on every planetary body you need to go to. I created a core module out of the mk1 lander can, slapped some RTG's, batteries and docking ports to it and made a few different lander modules for the different planetary bodies. This worked like a charm for the moons that lack an atmosphere, but on Laythe it worked like a bitch.

    Landing worked, but launching was impossible. Not only would the craft flip after a while due to the center of mass moving up, I didn't even have enough delta V to get back into orbit. I launched an additional module from Kerbin: a nosecone with some additional fuel and some fins (it looked really ugly). I don't have any pictures of it, but eventually I found out that it couldn't get to orbit using this craft either. I quicksaved, and came up with a different plan.

    I built an SSTO wit a cargo bay that could fit the core module inside, and send it to Laythe. As this is the biggest thing I built for the entire mission. The launch system for it was ridiculous, but eventually I got it to Laythe. It was easy to get to a landing spot, but landing was another thing. After trying and trying over and over again, I autostrutted the biggest parts and with a few more attempts (a total of 50 at least), I landed on Laythe as well!

    No time to waste, I immediately went back to orbit. This was incredibly easy, as I had tested the SSTO on Kerbin and got it to orbit there. I had fuel to spare when I got into orbit, rendezvoused with the mother ship and docked the core module to the mothership again. I thought I was done, but no.

    The mission specified that I had to land on Bop last. So, I took the entire mothership, landed on Bop, and hoped I got the mission. It didn't: it specified the craft had to be newly launched. Turns out the mothership wasn't gonna qualify for the mission because I welded a few monopropellant tanks to it. I had one last trick up my sleeve: detach the core module and let it 'land' on Bop. This worked!

    I made about 4 million currency, but all together the mission cost me at least 3 million to pull off. But the real reward is finally being able to delete the 300 quicksaves I made for this mission...

    submitted by /u/RealLars_vS
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment